Temporary Permits

A Temporary Trip Permit is issued in lieu of IRP plates for travel within Mississippi. The fee for a Temporary Mississippi Trip Permit is $25 and is valid for 72 hours. Permits can be obtained through a permitting service, who will charge an additional processing fee or by calling 601.359.1717.

If you do not hold an IFTA license and are traveling in Mississippi , purchase fuel within 24 hours of entering the state and keep your receipts in the vehicle.


For vehicles that are not registered under IRP or IFTA, additional permits may be necessary before entering another jurisdiction. Vehicles exceeding limitations on the size and weight are required to obtain a permit.

Read More

Oversize / Overweight Permits

An applicant for a permit may register with the central permit office by filing a registration agreement for special hauling permits

Read More
IFTA Reporting Online