Oversize/Overweight Permits

The Motor Carrier Services, Special Permit Sections issues Oversize/Overweight permits. You can contact them directly or order online or order through a permitting service, who will charge an additional processing fee.

Call 601.359.1717 for permit questions or see http://mdot.ms.gov/portal/enforcement.aspx for more details.


For vehicles that are not registered under IRP or IFTA, additional permits may be necessary before entering another jurisdiction. Vehicles exceeding limitations on the size and weight are required to obtain a permit.

Read More

Temporary Permits

Trip permits will be required on vehicles over 26,000 pounds or 3 axles in other member jurisdictions if a Mississippi based registrant does not apportion with that jurisdiction.

Read More
IFTA Reporting Online